This week I had to make some difficult, but necessary changes to the film. I removed sections and reordered a few scenes. Now that I've moved a lot of stuff around, I need to go back and clean up the transitions and make sure it still flows as a whole. Right now it just feels like a big, jumbled mess.... yuck. Three major sections that I need to work on this weekend include; the opening scene, the disjointed pre/post coma scenes and then the ending of the film.
A couple of days ago I revisited Joe's Caring Bridge journal to stay inspired. Its helped a ton to re-read the material so that the story remains fresh. I've noticed that the film has evolved a ton since the beginning. Originally, it was a story about Joe, then it became a story about Joe and his girlfriend Amy... and now its definitely still inspired by Joe and Amy, but along with my actors, I've also been able to make it a story of its own.